The SmartLM ambitions
The mission of SmartLM is to provide a new generic licensing virtualization framework based on standards, and integrate it in major Grid middleware solutions.
The strategic objectives of SmartLM are:
- To understand the licensing requirements for Grid use and deployment in the commercial environment, involving software vendors, application service providers, IT integrators, resource providers and end users.
- To identify service-oriented business models for distributed scenarios across organizations.
- To design and build a secured platform-independent licensing management framework.
- To provide models and technologies for accounting and billing of licenses.
- To enable and validate the licensing management tools with commercial applications deployed in Grids.